Saturday, September 09, 2006

Back from Holiday...


Mum and Jamie at Edzell Castle

St Andrews Aquarium

Jamie with his cousins,Caitlin & Anna

Boarding the Jura ferry

Jamie & Hannah

On the Jura ferry going to Islay

Waiting for my turn!

Janicel and Hannah

Out for a hike..

in Edinburgh

at home

Family at home.


Finally I have a chance to put up some pictures of our holiday.
We flew back to Hong Kong on the 30th August after two weeks in Scotland.It was great to see all the family and also to visit some old friends as well.
It's been 22 years since I left home as a keen 16 year old heading off to sea in an old fishing boat from Stornoway,which meant it has been around 18 years since I had last set foot on Jura.This has been bugging me for many years so off we went.I must admit it felt strange to be back and how everything looked so small compared to when I was younger.We only stayed for one night which wasn't long enough to show Janicel and the kids where I had grown up.Anyway it was good to see old friends again after so long and I promise not to leave it another 18 years before returning again.
All in all it was a great break which we all enjoyed.The weather stayed good for most of the time, and just being in open spaces like fields or on top of a hill with fresh air really made me realise how cramped and polluted Hong Kong really is.Now we are back to our flat with a lovely view of concrete all around.
Am I getting itchy feet you ask? Yes!

No comments: