Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Disneyland Opens





Hong Kong Disneyland has finally opened it's door's to the paying public. According to the new's last night all went well on the first day open, numbers were down on what was expected but are sure to increase nearer the weekend with many mainlanders already booked.
We are setting our sights on a visit to Disney in the new year. Can't honestly say I'm holding my breath but as it's now on my doorstep I should at least make the effort. I'm sure Jamie will love it, but then again I remember when I was very young having my hand shaken and being hugged by an eight foot tall Baloo (jungle book) at a cinema, and I was terrified.
As you can see I have included a couple of pictures of the before and after of Penny's Bay where Disneyland is. This is what Hong Kong is good at (reclamation) and is a concern to many as Victoria Harbour shrinks in size each year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VERY NICE BIG MAN !! GARY AGAVE THE BEST TEQUILA BAR IN HONG KONG . COME UP SOME TIME FOR A TEQUILA